I am looking forward to an exciting semester of teaching you how to play the piano/violin/viola and especially to get to know you better. I hope you will fall in love with playing your instrument as much as I did when I started to play. This site is especially for you!
Here are some materials you may find useful. Optional, print these materials for your folder:
- Assignment Sheet
- Practice Feedback Form (hard copy) and Electronic Practice Feedback Form
- Review Log
- Performance Log - Make sure you keep the programs whenever you perform somewhere and save them in a special folder.
You always wanted to know more about...
- Practice Suggestions: please contact me directly.
- Memorization and Sight-reading: Piano, Strings
- Lyrics to Suzuki Violin Pieces Book 1
I have created several YouTube playlists for you to watch videos about technical and musical ideas:
The following websites are about music theory, history and free music games - click on the links to test your music theory knowledge or just browse some of these websites, which provide further information about music:
- Theory Time: music theory drills and games
- Theory Time Ear-Training: ear training drills
- Teoria: music theory tutorials and exercises
- Music Theory: music theory tutorials and exercises
- Musicards: online flashcards
- Practica Musica: free online music theory textbook
- Big Ears: ear training exercises
- IMSPL: free sheet music downloads
- Music for the Nation: free American sheet music
- Classics for Kids: great website about composers
- Carnegie Hall's online resource center and Music Educators Toolbox - not only for teachers!
- San Francisco Symphony: free online music education website for children
- New York Philharmonic KidZone: free online music education website for children
- Beethoven's Wig: lyrics to masterpieces of classical music
Websites that show you how to make your own instruments. Have fun!